In SFUSD we believe that personalized learning should be the norm, not the exception. Online learning is one method through which we can deliver personalized instruction for both our teachers and our students. The Digital Learning and Enablement team has built partnerships across the district, building capacity and expanding access to online learning opportunities.
Why Online Learning?
- Personalized instruction: Learners are able to to work through a course at their own pace, placing emphasis on the content they find most applicable to their teaching practice.
- Ongoing instruction: The structure of the courses in Google Classroom helps form online communities that can provide ongoing support as learners implement new tools and strategies.
- Timely instruction: This instruction is available on demand, when it is needed.
- Interactivity and modeling of 21st century skills & competencies: Course materials allow participants to interact with new technology tools and strategies, and practice application of 21st Century skills while engaging in the instructional materials.
What is the difference between blended and online learning?
- Essentially, blended learning is a combination of face to face and online learning.
- Blended learning provides a flexible physical learning environment with a combination of robust access to online content and in-person facilitated instruction, allowing for differentiated and adaptive learning.
Online Professional Development Catalogue
The Digital Learning and Enablement team has partnered with the Office of Professional Learning and Leadership and a variety of departments across the district to support the Vision 2025 goals of innovative educational equity and excellence for all of our students and teachers.
Visit the Online Professional Development Catalogue to learn about the course offerings that are currently available!
Looking to Design a Professional Development Course?
The following Online Course Design Resource Guide will support you in this process! If you would like to set up an appointment with a Digital Learning partner to discuss how you can deliver your content in an online format please put in a ticket request at help.sfusd.edu.