District-Approved and Pending Applications
SFUSD has agreements with the following vendors. To use an application, please view our page on Adding Approved Applications at Your Site.
- Software published by Apple (Apple Classroom, Garage Band, etc.)
- BrainPOP: BrainPOP Jr., BrainPOP ELL, and BrainPOP offer digital educational content for K-8 with 1300+ cross curricular topics that include animated movies written with humor plus learning tools such as movie-making, concept mapping, coding projects, learning games, playful assessments, and primary source activities. These help build higher-order thinking, cognitive, and literacy skills while encouraging reflection and give students multiple ways to convey comprehension and self expression. BrainPOP is offered in English, Spanish, French, and Mandarin.
- DreamBox: DreamBox Learning is the only K-8 digital math program powered by students, built by and for educators, and independently proven to positively impact student achievement. Both during and between lessons, DreamBox dynamically adapts and differentiates in real time based not only on students’ answers, but also on how they solve problems. By automatically and continually supporting all students at their right level, DreamBox is a powerful partner in every classroom, school, and district. Along with actionable reporting and tools that empower classroom differentiation for all learners, DreamBox also gives teachers content-specific professional development relevant to the math their students are learning, provides administrators with insights about how all students are progressing, and enables strong connections between home and school. DreamBox is also working closely with the SFUSD math team to support the core math curriculum.
- The Google Suite (Gmail, Google Classroom, Google Drive, etc.)
- Greenfield Learning: the exclusive partner in Northern California for the following personalized learning programs (click for more):
- Lexia Core5 Reading (TK-5)
- Lexia PowerUp Literacy (6+ struggling and non-proficient readers)
- Lexia RAPID Assessment (K-12)
- Reading Plus (3-12+)
- Symphony Math (K-5)
- Imagine Learning: Imagine Learning is a suite of digital learning products for grades K-12. Subject matter areas include language, literacy, and mathematics. Students are provided with individualized learning paths based on their unique strengths and growth areas.
- MyON: myON ® by Renaissance ® provides a personalized literacy platform, myON reader, ™ which matches each individual learner’s interests, grade and Lexile® reading level with the Capstone core collection of over 6,000 concurrent titles for TK-12, in English and Spanish (70% nonfiction) available online and offline, 24/7, with optional reading supports and a suite of reading and writing tools all on the same digital platform; actionable data through a series of reports that capture student engagement and growth in a variety of ways for students, faculty, and administrators; and educator resources with self-guided tutorials and customer support for faculty and administrators.
- Newsela: Newsela is a database of current events stories tailor-made for classroom use. Indexed by broad theme (e.g. War and Peace, Arts, Science, Health, Law, Money), stories are both student-friendly and can be accessed in different formats by reading level. Use Newsela to differentiate nonfiction reading. Newsela has a free version which can be added from your Clever portal. Just go to clever.sfusd.edu, click "Library," click "Newsela," and "Install Newsela."
- Scientific Learning Corporation: Cloud-based educational software company providing effective intervention solutions that help every child achieve their learning potential.
- Seesaw: Seesaw is a platform for student engagement. Teachers can empower students to create, reflect, share, and collaborate. Students “show what they know” using photos, videos, drawings, text, PDFs, and links. It’s simple to get student work in one place and share with families, and nothing is shared without teacher approval. Seesaw has a free version which can be added from your Clever portal. Just go to clever.sfusd.edu, click "Library," click "Seesaw," and "Install Seesaw."
- WeVideo: WeVideo is the online video editor that makes it easy to capture, create, view and share your movies at up to 4K resolution for stunning playback anywhere. Please note that only the paid version of WeVideo is approved for use with students. Students must not use the free version of WeVideo.
The following vendors are actively engaged in negotiations to join the Digital Backpack:
- Screencastify: a screen recorder for the Chrome browser and Chromebooks
- Learning Ally: an audiobook solution, with a focus on vision-impaired and dyslexic learners
- TurnItIn: a tool to assist teachers evaluate student written work, with support for plagiarism-checking and frequently-used feedback
- Freckle: multi-subject, differentiated practice and assessment tool
- Starfall: early literacy
- Typing Club: typing training
- Soundtrap: a podcasting and audio production tool
- Explore Learning: science and math simulations
- Celtx: script-writing and production
- Wowzers: K-8 Math personalized learning
- Ponddy: a personalized learning tool for language learners
- Texthelp: reading, writing, and comprehension tools including Texthelp Read & Write
- MIND Research Institute: ST Math, a visual math learning program
- Edmentum: Edmentum sells a variety of learning tools, including:
- Reading Eggs
- Word Flyers
- Study Island
- IXL: IXL has a variety of products for PK-12 math, PK-12 English, 2-8 Social Studies, 2-8 Science
- iChineseEdu: the iChineseReader product allows is an audio-book and reading-support tool for Chinese-language texts
- Achieve 3000: a literacy tool
- Book Nook: a reading intervention tool
- GoGuardian: a classroom monitoring solution for Chromebooks
- 3P Learning: vendor of Mathseeds and Mathletics
- TurnItIn: a writing feedback and plagiarism-detection tool
- iSPIRE School Speciality: a reading support tool
Vendors not on this list have not been sponsored for inclusion into the Digital Backpack, or have not responded to our outreach about the Master Contract.
Ready to add an application? Please view our page on Adding Approved Applications at Your Site.