Technology in the
San Francisco Unified School District
Welcome to the SFUSD Department of Technology!
At the SFUSD Department of Technology (DoT) we are transforming SFUSD into a digital district to prepare all students for college & career success in the 21st century. By leveraging powerful and innovative uses of technology, SFUSD will transform into digital district to realize Vision 2025 and prepare every student, in every school for college and career readiness in the 21st century. Your time is valuable. That's why we work hard to bring you accessible technology resources and assistance.
The DoT Digital: Up to date news on exciting events and initiatives
#SFUSDDoT and Vision 2025
Department of Technology Mission Statement
The SFUSD Department of Technology (DoT) leads SFUSD’s efforts to transform into a digital district to realize Vision 2025 and prepare every student, in every school, for college and career success in the 21st century.
Through strategic partnerships with schools, departments, and the San Francisco community, DoT enables student, educator, and staff success through a coherent technology experience.
Department of Technology Equity Frame
Technology equity encompasses equity of access and equity of opportunity. When used effectively to help students create, think critically, communicate, and collaborate, technology can be a powerful lever to:
- engage students in deeper learning
- empower students through agency, voice, and identity
- access content in rich, multi-modal ways
- close access, achievement, and opportunity gaps
SFUSD's Comprehensive System Towards Achieving Vision 2025
SFUSD Launches Online Professional Development
In service to the “10 Big Shifts” in SFUSD’s Vision 2025, The Department of Technology has partnered with the Office of Professional Learning and Leadership and PD providers from across the district to launch online professional development offerings. These courses are a way for educators to reimagine space and time, embrace new ways to demonstrate mastery, and to personalize professional learning opportunities.
Why online learning?
- Personalized instruction: These courses will offer educators the ability to work through a course at their own pace, placing emphasis on the content they find most applicable to their teaching practice.
- Ongoing instruction: The structure of the courses in Google Classroom helps form online communities that can provide ongoing support as educators implement new tools and strategies.
- Timely instruction: This instruction is available on demand, when learners need it.
- Interactivity and modeling of 21st century skills & competencies: Course materials allow participants to interact with new technology tools and strategies, and practice application of 21st Century skills while engaging in the instructional materials.
To learn more about Online Learning in SFUSD visit our Online Learning page.