Technology in the
San Francisco Unified School District
Welcome to the SFUSD Department of Technology!
At the SFUSD Department of Technology (DoT) we are transforming SFUSD into a digital district to prepare all students for college & career success in the 21st century. By leveraging powerful and innovative uses of technology, SFUSD will transform into digital district to realize Vision 2025 and prepare every student, in every school for college and career readiness in the 21st century. Your time is valuable. That's why we work hard to bring you accessible technology resources and assistance.
The DoT Digital: Up to date news on exciting events and initiatives
#SFUSDDoT and Vision 2025
Department of Technology Mission Statement
The SFUSD Department of Technology (DoT) leads SFUSD’s efforts to transform into a digital district to realize Vision 2025 and prepare every student, in every school, for college and career success in the 21st century.
Through strategic partnerships with schools, departments, and the San Francisco community, DoT enables student, educator, and staff success through a coherent technology experience.
Department of Technology Equity Frame
Technology equity encompasses equity of access and equity of opportunity. When used effectively to help students create, think critically, communicate, and collaborate, technology can be a powerful lever to:
- engage students in deeper learning
- empower students through agency, voice, and identity
- access content in rich, multi-modal ways
- close access, achievement, and opportunity gaps
SFUSD's Comprehensive System Towards Achieving Vision 2025
SFUSD's 1:1 Initiative
SFUSD’s partnership with Verizon’s Innovative Learning Schools Grant managed by Digital Promise is an exciting venture designed to:
- Address the Digital Learning Gap by providing an iPad and data plan for always available access.
- Provide rich learning experiences in which technology is both embedded in the core curriculum and transforms what is possible in classrooms.
- Foster broader conversations about the strategic use of technology across the entire district.
- Provide all teachers with professional learning, including opportunities for personalized learning.
- Connect SFUSD with a national community of 74 schools across the country.
To learn more about how SFUSD is leading with 1:1 innovation, visit our 1:1 Technology Resources page.
Science teachers at James Denman Middle School leverage technology to enable students to reflect on their progress in their classes and present their reflections to their families through student-led conferences.